cover noticias

Silent Hills canceled, Konami confirms

29/04/2015 09:14:27

Konami confirms that Silent Hills is dead.

 

The latest game in the Silent Hill franchise was teased with the very well-received playable teaser P.T.

 

"Konami is committed to new Silent Hill titles, however the embryonic Silent Hills project developed with Guillermo del Toro and featuring the likeness of Norman Reedus will not be continued."

 

Confirmation of the cancellation comes after a weekend of comments from those directly involved in the game saying it is dead.

 

Saturday night the director Guillermo del Toro, who had been co-directing the game with Hideo Kojima, is said to have told attendees at a film festival in San Francisco that Silent Hills "is not gonna happen," according to an attendee via Twitter.

 

Attention now turns to Konami's other franchises, namely Metal Gear Solid. Last month, Konami removed Kojima's name and the Kojima Productions logo from the official Metal Gear Solid websites, Twitter accounts and marketing materials. That spawned reports that Kojima would be leaving the publisher for whom he has worked his entire career.

 

 

This website uses cookies and third-party cookies in order to offer you the best user experience. If you continue to use this site you are giving
your consent and acceptance of the above cookies and acceptance of our cookies policy. Find out more about our cookies policy here. Close.